December 6, 2015

FEATURING EMCLECTIC COLLECTION

I have never been this active on social media my whole life. And yes, I understand how it can be addictive. That's right, social media, the idea of preening oneself in order to get likes, thumbs up or followers. Social Media forced FOMO (Fear of missing out) onto us a few years back, especially since Instagram came along. We all sat at home reflectively thumbing our feed.

The idea of creating a blog is to express my outfits and "ootds" in hope that it will inspire people. Sometimes I do wonder whether it is even worth it to buy nice clothes unless I have a fashion blog where I can parade them. I think not! Previously, I did buy a few pieces just for the sake of a blog shoot, but now I realized how ridiculous that is. I like shopping, I mean, who doesn't? But I realized how important it is to control my spending and use the outfits I already have. After all, a blog shouldn't just contain the latest trend but it should express what I like. So now, I buy what I currently like, what suits me but also keep in mind what i need. 

For this blog, I wore this laced crop top I got when I was in Gold Coast and paired it with a thrifted skirt I got from Korean boutique a few months ago. I love the mesh and solid stripes on the skirt, I think it made the look more interesting. Since the color tone of the look is monochromatic, I added this bright pink stilettos and a marble inspired necklace from Emclectic Collection (check them out here)



Here's a close up of Emclectic Collection's necklace. Emclectic Collection's jewellery are handmade using polymer clay and no two pieces are the same. Their aim is to make affordable yet visually interesting pieces.




Top: Thrifted
Skirt: Mesh Striped Skirt thrifted from a Korean Boutique
Necklace: Featuring Emclectic Collection's Marble inspired necklace (get it here)
Heels: Zara's Suede Pink Stilettos

Photographed by Hans Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment